Re: Not receiving RF after a while

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Good 'nuff.  Never sure if folks know the difference between KISS and humanly-readable packets until we ask.

Even with the TNC in KISS mode, you should be able to see the received packets in a terminal emulator.  Not the headers, but you'll know packets are being decoded and transmitted.  So the suggestion of shutting down APRSIS32 and just letting a terminal emulator run for a few hours receiving is valid.

But do your other tests first and see if you can get it to stay alive as it should.

I run my KJ4ERJ-1 IGate 24x7 for years without a hiccup and it runs on a small netbook and uses a Bluetooth to Serial port converter connected to an OT2m wired to an iCom HT.  Never drops out and rarely even gets a second glance from me.

On 3/3/2018 9:55 PM, michael.eckard@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Sorry, Lynn...that packet was after I took it out of kiss mode.  Should have made that clear.  It was in kiss mode before.