Re: Not receiving RF after a while

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I see that your station is KE4DHK-10 from your Wiki post.  Unfortunately, I've been rebuilding my OpenStreetMaps tile server after an SSD failure so I had my APRSIS32 RF monitor down.  I just fired it up (well, firing it up, my server is memory-overloaded with the planet import) so I should be able to tell you who is seeing you and what you are seeing once it is all back up and running.

Let us know when you have the TNC reconnected and running so I know when would be productive to check for traffic from KE4DHK-10.

On 3/3/2018 11:44 AM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Are you sure that transmit was still working after the reception quits?  Have you heard the packets on another radio on the frequency or seen the transmit light illuminate on the radio or observe the packet(s) decoded on another APRS station?

Sometimes we think a station is transmitting when in fact the packets being observed are coming via the APRS-IS.

On 3/3/2018 11:37 AM, michael.eckard@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Thanks, Ken.  I was not aware of those settings, but I have gone in device manager and turned that feature off with respect to each of the "hub" listings, as you suggested.  Hopefully that helps, but since APRSIS32 was still getting regular beacons, etc. out on the PK-232 after the RF received stations stopped showing up on the scroller, I'm not optimistic that will fix my problem.  In other words, if the power management is shutting off power to the USB port after a period of time or that was otherwise kicking the TNC out of kiss mode or something, wouldn't that equally affect the ability to transmit?

But I'm eager to try in the hope that it could be a fix.  I'm working on mounting this station in a 4u rack case, so I have the TNC disconnected this morning, but I'll have it back connected and running this evening, which in turn means I should know if that fixed the issue in the morning and will update the post accordingly.

Thanks again.
Michael