Re: Using TNC-Pi as my RF interface for APRSIS32

AE5IB (Kip)

I do something similar with UI-View. It should work the same.

When I am chasing balloons I i-gate and WIDE1-1 repeat from my car using my phone as the Internet connection. I am not so worried about the balloon as the other vehicles chasing.Seeing the balloon is easy.

I also do this for bike rallies, when I am in a SAG wagon. I can often hear someone who is in a hole from the big repeaters, and repeat their signal, and log it to the Internet. A two day rally (6 a.m. to 7  p.m.) used about 300 MB on my plan.

I do not know what program you are using on the Pi, but it can probably put out the data on an Ethernet port. Your PC can use it with that port as a server.

Kip
AE5IB

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Mark Conner mconner1@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

I have finally installed APRSIS32 on my laptop and have been playing around with what it can do over wifi.  I currently have it getting GPS data from my phone.

On my LAN, I also have a TNC-Pi on a Raspberry Pi 3.  The TNC-Pi is currently using aprx to function as a digipeater and RF-internet gateway.  Is there a way I can configure it to work as something like a KISS TNC over wifi, so the TNC-Pi can serve as my RF interface?

At home this is not a big deal, but I am using this to emulate what I want to set up for amateur radio balloon chasing..  I'd like to replace all my wired connections in the chase vehicle with wifi, since I'll be using my Android phone as a router and mobile internet connection.

73 de Mark N9XTN