From: "David Shrum dave.n8pu@... [aprsisce]"
Date: 8/13/17 22:48 (GMT-05:00)
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Status - [Special]

I was trying to figure out why someone, out of the blue, at almost 11:00pm in the evening would send me a message. I ended up figuring that that person sent it by mistake, because the persons call was not familiar to me.
--------
My son just got home from work and implied that the person didn't pay enough attention to the manual and was careless in sending.

I do think if I see another one of these I will reply and ask them if there is a problem....

Dave N8PU

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Robert Bruninga bruninga@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Im not sure I understand what you are asking.  You dont finger in these "messages" they are pre-defined.  You go to the menu and select them from the 1 of 7 message options.ob
If you want to send an actual message, then you select the message option.

Hope that helps
Bob

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 1:59 PM, 'David Shrum' dave.n8pu@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Bob WB4APR,

My son just told me who you are in relation to APRS, I'm not trying to make you or anyone else made at me, I'm just trying to understand why things are as they are in today's world of amateur radio. Maybe in the eyes of some I fit the third line of what you said. The thing is my Yaesu FT2D was the first radio that does APRS and now (just a week or so) my TM-710G is the second. Even though I have been a ham since 1994, to APRS I'm new, just since September of 2016, so hopefully you and others understand why I am asking the questions I do.

Dave N8PU