Re: Scroller [1 Attachment]

Jerry N7YGE

Thank you.

Jerry N7YGE

Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:36 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Scroller [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) included below]

Uncheck Configure / Mic-E Notifications / Special.  You might also want to uncheck Priority.

Per http://aprs.org/aprs12/EmergencyCode.txt, APRS clients are supposed to take specific actions on certain Mic-E status codes.  APRSISCE/32 interprets these a bit differently than specified simply because I KNEW they'd be intrusive because the APRS radio manufactures don't tell their users what the status values are supposed to mean.

SPECIAL  - would CENTER the map on the symbol
 PRIORITY - would CENTER and ZOOM to 8 mile local range scale
 EMERGENCY- CENTER and ZOOM and ALARM beeps until cleared by operator.

APRSISCE/32 does the actions that you'll see abbreviated in the menu:

Msg means to send an internal message.
New means to open a MultiTrack the first time it is received
Flash makes that MultiTrack flash
Active means that a MultiTrack will open every time that status is received
The color is drawn as a box around that station's symbol.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/11/2017 7:30 PM, 'Jerry' n7yge@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I want to thank everyone for helping me on this subject and am good with what you suggested.  I will trying the input you gave.  As far as restricting a list to 20, why would I even want to use it when I can get a complete list elsewhere for sorting and doing other facets?   Different flavors of different APRS programs all have their individual ins and outs.  Just would be nice to have one program that do it all which I realize is an impossibility.

I think there was one other area of this program I could not seem to get down right.  When I open the program I immediately get messages from stations I do not know.  For example :  16:14:47  New Chat Between W7PM-1 and N7YGE on 2017-05-11 and another example:  16:21:34  New Chat Between PACK and N7YGE on 2017-05-11

16:19:54> Mic-E:PACK Transmitted Status(Special)

Seems that I am  plagued with these incoming contacts and have to put them out to see if I have a message from a person I know or to whom I am messaging with.  Gets real annoying.  Again, there may be a way to make some setting changes that I have not discovered yet.

Thank you all.

Jerry N7YGE

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Scroller

Which station information would you list? When there are 1000 stations on screen, and you can only show a list of 20, which 20 do you show? The scrolling shows the latest stations to be heard.

James
VE6SRV

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 6:07 PM, 'Jerry' n7yge@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

That is too bad.  If I want fast access to find if a station is on that I want to send a message to or track, I have to be fast enough to spot that station on a scrolling window or go look at the map to sort out the one single station I am interested in sending a message to or to set up for tracking that station.  I am spoiled where I can get a table listing of all stations with a menu to send a message or track the station.

Thank you for letting me know. As all this time I thought I had missed something.  I would vote for having the static text listing over a scrolling screen.  But who is voting and I am probably in the minority anyway.

Jerry N7YGE

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Scroller [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) included below]

Control-C with the window focused will capture an image of the screen to the clipboard.  For instance:

A text listing, no.

On 5/10/2017 6:24 PM, 'Jerry' n7yge@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Is there a way to get a static listing of all the stations on the screen?

Jerry N7YGE

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Scroller

Sorry, but nope.  Why, might I ask, would you find this desirable?

On 5/10/2017 5:34 PM, jrgalvin2@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Is ther a way to hide the call sign scroller on the left hand side of the screen?

Thanks in advance.

John - N5TIM

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.