Re: aprs and weather station

Greg D

I'm running a package called WeeWx, but I don't think it runs under Windows (I run Linux here).  I thought the major Weather station brands (Peet, Davis) came with software that can do this.  What weather station hardware are you running?

Greg  KO6TH

VO1UM ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce] wrote:

hi can you recommend a software for me to use on my weather station so that i could do this and make it little easier for you to help me set it up..

Amateur Radio Operator
VO1UM VO1EHC
APRS -9 -1 -2 -3
IRLP  447.500  St John's 146.300 Spaniards Bay both simplex.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:36 AM, Greg D ko6th.greg@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

Ok, that software is not one I'm familiar with.  Quickly scanning what I could find by way of a user manual didn't seem to show how to set it up for exporting real-time data to the wxnow.txt file.  At least, a scan for "wxnow.txt" didn't get any hits.  But looking at the revision history did mention that file, so I expect it's possible, just not documented very well.

Since you have it actually running there, see if you can find some place where the software can be configured to drive that file.  It's a relatively common feature among many weather software packages, but the docs for this one are a bit old (they mention it's compatible with Windows 95, which I doubt).  Once that is working, we can look at configuring APRSISCE/32.

Greg  KO6TH

VO1UM ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce] wrote:

HI greg  thanks for the come back.. i am using build 81 weather display. if this is what your talking about.. and just to let u know i am new at this sorta stuff. been a ham for 20plus yrs but this is really new to me .. so for my first step i have installed the software and my weather station is reading the weather from inside the house and the out side going to my unit on my desk and it's also showing up on the weather display software.. so what would be my next step thanks for answering my message here.

Amateur Radio Operator
VO1UM VO1EHC
APRS -9 -1 -2 -3
IRLP  447.500  St John's 146.300 Spaniards Bay both simplex.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 2:45 AM, Greg D ko6th.greg@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

You don't specify what particular weather display software you're using, but the basic requirement for getting it to work with APRSISCE/32 is to have the weather software export its information into a file called "wxnow.txt".  See if you can search for an option in the software that talks about that file.

Then, within APRSISCE/32, create a Weather object, and point it to that file when you create it.  The APRSISCE/32 software will monitor that file, and post updates to the APRS-IS whenever its updated.

That's the high-level overview.  Let us know how you progress...  I just went through this recently, so good timing!

Greg  KO6TH

ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce] wrote:

can i get some help with the basic setup and settings of

aprsisce and weather station ....

i am currently using  weather display software.  and my station

and i have that connected to a laptop with windows os ..

can someone please give me some guidance on the settings to get this working plz

ed vo1um

Newfoundland Canada.