Re: APRSISCE PASS CODE

Fred Hillhouse

Good point! Normally I would have but I used my phone for my response and was not thinking about what was not immediately visible. Yes, poor excuse and I will hopefully be more diligent in the future. 

Another way to stop this is moderate everyone. That gets old real fast for everyone. Rather than that it would be best if the seasoned members would point all requests to the wiki.

It seems Yahoo isn't doing doing as well currently getting messages to the moderators. That is unfortunate. But the are still features that are useful on Yahoo.

Another interesting item is the multiple requests and responses are sent. But the requester never sees the response. Spam filters may be taking the responses out.

I do know that the moderators are working to keep up with everyone. 

Best regards, 
Fred N7FMH 

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "'David Shrum' dave.n8pu@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...>
Date: 3/14/17 00:35 (GMT-05:00)
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] APRSISCE PASS CODE

I have a question, doesn't anyone know how to edit emails, you should do that before you send out warnings about such things, all you are doing is providing another opportunity in case they missed it the first time. I too shared a link in the past but was strongly shown OFF LIST why things like that shouldn't be done. I understand why, but I'm guessing that some of the moderators would if they reply on the list that they would edit out the link to at least do their part in not furthering the said offense. If it wasn't the moderators that chimed it then whoever did, use a little common sense and edit.

Dave N8PU

No I'm just one of the members of this group, a no body.

Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 9:38 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] APRSISCE PASS CODE

Please don't encourage this "service".  It bypasses the necessary verification of a ham's license status, which opens us (amateur radio) up to potential abuse and a regulatory "fix".

Fred's link was the correct one.

Greg  KO6TH

JoAnn Donaldson joannplano2005@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Here is the link to the APRS Passcode Generator.

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.