Re: SSn-N Aliases

Greg D

Sorry, this crossed with my last...

So, enabling "accumulate" allows the client to gather possible things that might want to be added (simply click on it under "possible") to the Known list.  Nice!

What are the Unused-0 entries, then?

Greg  KO6TH

'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Until and unless you see apparent aliases showing up in the scroller as
the last digipeater heard, I wouldn't worry about it.

You would know that a possible alias was received in a packet if
something shows up under Configure / Aliases / Possible. When that
happens, if the entry looks like a valid alias for your area, then you
can select it and it should move up to Configure / Aliases / Known and
will no longer actually be counted as a used hop on the assumption that
WIDEn-N and SSn-N digipeaters are also inserting their own callsign as used.

If you want to do a test of this, then just configure one of your APRS
RF stations to use your local alias and see if any digipeaters actually
repeat it within earshot of your IGate. Then it should show up as Possible.

APRSISCE/32 considers any used path entry that is all alpha and ends
with a digit to be a possible alias of just the alpha part. That way
tactically-named digipeaters are not considered possible aliases because
they don't (normally) end with a number.