Re: New member passcodes

Jeff Dugas (Mobile) <N5TEV@...>

Lynn,

From https://groups.io/static/yahootransfer :

"We will transfer members, archives, photos, files, links and databases. If you don't wish for all of these to be transferred, please let us know during Step 2.

In addition to your member list, we will download your EXISTING GROUP MESSAGES [emphasis added] and add them to your Groups.io group.

Unfortunately, we are not able to include any attachments from the messages. If you do not wish to have your existing group messages transferred, simply say so in your email to transfer@groups.io. Note: because of Yahoo restrictions, this may take more than one day if there are a large number of messages."

So, it looks like you only lose message attachments. Perhaps, with a little preparation, any really important attachments could be saved in the files section of the Yahoo group prior to initiating the migration, since group files are indeed moved.

Anyway, just for your consideration. I'm sure you're already busy enough with other stuff as it is. Whatever you decide, either to stay or move, I think the vast majority of us will gladly follow.

p.s. Ironically, my email from my initial reply to you on ghis thread came back to me from Yahoo AFTER your response. LOL!

Jeff
N5TEV