A new observation prompts a new question

kc8sfq

Hi Guys 'n' Gals,
I have two digi/I-gates up and running. One at the EOC (BRYEOC) running 24-7 unless the computer does an update or the IT department resets the router. When that happens, the computer I-gate quits, but the digi is set to restart it's self. The one here at home is a bit more sporadic as I work on it.  But all that is just FYI, not the basis for my question.

Here at home, I see this in the scroller: BRYEOC* 2/3  K0TEA-2*. Or perhaps something like N8TJG-10*1/2  2M Net*2 (another local digi and my object for our Thurs evening net)

BRYEOC is our digi/ I-gate at the EOC;  * means it was heard by RF; K0TEA-2* is the station, also RF, that we digi'd

I also understand that the number after the * is the number of times that a station was heard very recently. The part I have not seen before is the fraction (2/3 above and it's always attached to the digi). I suspect it also has to do with times heard. The station here at home is the only place I see the fraction. The setup at EOC is almost identical to this one and I don't see the fraction there.

We are getting ready for our biggest rollout of APRS yet. And in fact, it is the largest thing we've ever supported, with with any mode and this is the first time for us to do this race. It's a bicycle race with 3000+- riders on a 60 mile course in our hilly county. We have the digi at EOC and I'll move that up to the 200 foot antenna for the race. I also anticipate at least one outlying "porta-digi" and at least 2 SAG's. The race is only 7 weeks out and that time will vaporize.

OK, enough rambling from me

Thanks and 73 KC8SFQ (Ron)