Re: APRSISCE at 160 mph

FUJIURA Toyonori <toyokun@...>

Lynn,

I missed seeing the
track real-time, but just remembered to go check on it and saw these graphs.
I'll return to Osaka using Shinkansen around 2/4 0am@UTC (or 2/3 noon@UTC).

The beacon setting is
Min 30sec, Max 30min,
Heading Change 45 deg,
Forecast error 3 1/10mi,
Max distance 100 1/10mi.

Now I think this is best setting for me.
I'll continue to choose best beacon setting.

Thanks.

2010/2/3 Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@arrl.net>:
Check out JG2RZF-12's station information graphs at aprs.fi!
(Particularly the third graph of reported speed)

http://aprs.fi/info/graphs/JG2RZF-12

I noticed this APRSISCE user with a Jogger symbol earlier in the day and
commented to him about being a fast jogger.  He told me he was on a
train that made perfect sense.  He then mentioned that he would be on
the "Shinkansen" train possibly maxing at 270km/h.  I missed seeing the
track real-time, but just remembered to go check on it and saw these graphs.

Pretty cool stuff!

FUJIURA Toyonori mailto:toyokun@gmail.com