Re: Need Help with getting a radio to work with APRSis32

Greg D

Hi Brad,

It's been a while since I tried the D7, but for me it "just worked".  Be sure that the radio is on and in packet mode (not APRS mode) before starting the software, and that you've got the D7 configured for the right packet rate (1200 vs 9600).  I believe I used the regular Kenwood TNC type in APRSISCE (I did this from an old HP iPAQ Windows Mobile phone), no mods to the config file.  Should be the same for the PC version.

If the radio is resetting when you turn things on, it might just be that the battery is too low.  If so, the radio will reset when it tries to transmit.

Good luck,

Greg  KO6TH

kb0lsm@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I am trying to configure a Kenwood D7(a) to work with APRSis32.

I can not get the software to work with the radio. I have tried all the various modes. My serial cable works....I have set up the port in all the different configurations and no luck with it working. About all I can get it to do is shut off the TNC lol.

Has anybody set up the radio to work with the software? Any and all advice would be welcome!

Thanks,

Brad