Re: aprsisce filters & behavior

Max

My reply was in response to your question of wanting to know what you were igating, nothing more.

Max KG4PID

From: "Paul Bramscher pfbram@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] aprsisce filters & behavior

Thanks--

I read about the /f friend filter here
(http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:automatic-filters):

"If you track or center on someone (right click or popup menu/Center) in
the main window, it adds a:

f/call/dist - Friend Range filter using the same range (changes to
b/call if Range is zero)"

But I'm unclear what filtering itself does in this context. Wouldn't I
already be igating those packets?

73, KD0KZE / Paul