Re: aprsisce filters & behavior

Paul Bramscher <pfbram@...>

Thanks--

I read about the /f friend filter here
(http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:automatic-filters):

"If you track or center on someone (right click or popup menu/Center) in
the main window, it adds a:

f/call/dist - Friend Range filter using the same range (changes to
b/call if Range is zero)"

But I'm unclear what filtering itself does in this context. Wouldn't I
already be igating those packets?

73, KD0KZE / Paul

On 2/8/2016 4:52 PM, Max Harper kg4pid@yahoo.com [aprsisce] wrote:

I run a second copy of my aprs client connected to a different aprs-is
server than the one my igate is connected to. I use the 'e' filter, its
description says "This filter passes all packets with the specified
callsign-SSID(s) immediately following the q construct. This allows
filtering based on receiving IGate, etc. Supports * wildcard.

So my second client logs everything that is returned by the 'e' filter.
While this may not be 100%, it's pretty darn close.

Max KG4PID