Re: SCS PTCIIex RB

Rob Giuliano

You then state:
"It is pretty cool to see all three signals on the UZ7HO Sound Card modem and each program picks up their signal all on one radio."
Your description notes "more than one device" capable of automated TX (if configured) connected to the same 706MKIIG.
   SCS PTCIIex  on 13-pin AUX connector and APRSIS32
   Signalink Sound Card on 6-pin Data connector and UZ7HO (2000Hz)
       APRS messenger (2400 Hz) and AGW Tracker

So with that, let me rephrase:

What, if anything, are you doing to ensure no 2 computer applications TX at the same time (such as APRSIS32 sending a position report in the middle of an APRS messenger TX)?

Is it a listen only setup, except under very controlled circumstances?

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

To: "aprsisce@..." <aprsisce@...>
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] SCS PTCIIex RB

Robert

I ran UIVIEW  set up as Robust Packet, the sound card picked data via UZ7HO which picked up Packet which was ported to APRS Messenger and AWG Tracker. At that time I could not get APRSIS 32 running with my SCS-PTC 11 ex TNC.

I had no issues. I was able to Chat directly from Vancouver BC area to the Mediterranean Sea to N1ZZZ/MM on 30 M.

Don va7dgp

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Personally, I would do some serious reading before I ever tried to TX with multiple inputs connected to the same radio.

Curious if you have tried that TX?

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 11:33 AM
Subject: [aprsisce] SCS PTCIIex RB

Howdy gang,

I finally got my SCS PTCIIex operational on Robust Packet with APRSIS32 (K7MT-8)  I have my ICOM706MKIIG set on 10147.300 for RP on the 13 pin port.  I have another APRIS32 program  running HF Packet (K7MT-11) using Signalink Sound Card on the ICOM706 6 pin port and UZ7HO's Software modem and set the center on 2000 khz Versus the Standard 1700.  I am also running APRS messenger and have it set up for 2400 khz /  All three programs are working fine. It is pretty cool to see all three signals on the UZ7HO Sound Card modem and each program picks up their signal all on one radio. I will post a picture of the UZ7HO Screen with all three signals if I can figure it out.

Bill K7MT Helena, Mt.

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.