Re: Anyone get APRSIS to work with Yaesu FT2DR?

robt.harris

If your laptop has Bluetooth and you can find a Bluetooth GPS receiver, you should be good to go. I have a venerable TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver I use with aprsis32 on a WinBook tablet for mobile work.

Last time I looked the TomTom unit shows up occasionally on eBay or Amazon. I have seen others in current production but I am not sure if they are compatible with tablets or laptops. A tad pricey though.

On 12/24/2015 4:56 PM, Greg Depew goatherder_4891@... [aprsisce] wrote:
The workaround I made for the ftm 350 was to set the data band to the same band as APRS and turn off any outputs from the tnc. Then I use uz7ho sound modem to hookup like any other sound card mode. Upside is I have maps and a mobile IGate if I have the Internet on. Downside is I don't have a gps for the laptop yet so I have to manually update my position.

--

Bob Harris (K9UDX)
Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)