Re: Anyone get APRSIS to work with Yaesu FT2DR?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What do you get if you change it to WAY.P?  Oh, never mind.  I suspect it IS set to that and the other is GPS for input to the FT2DR?  Sounds like it doesn't really do APRS anything out the serial port then.  The FTM-350 has a "PACKET" output option that is what APRSISCE/32 supports with the FTM-350 type port.

The NMEA waypoint output loses most of the additional information that APRS provides.  It only gives the coordinate and station ID.  No symbol or comment information nor anything else that APRS provides.  I think you'll be disappointed with the dearth of information even if/when APRSISCE/32 supports such an input.

On 12/24/2015 3:09 PM, hansongregory917@... [aprsisce] wrote:
$GPWPL,4112.83,N,07306.07,W,KC1DX-9*60

This is what the FT2DR sends out the serial port. The only 2 options for output is "GPS" or "WAY.P"

I tried using the FT350 port with no luck. At this point in time my main concern is to see the locations of the other stations, not to transmit.

I'll try contacting Yaesu tech support, but I don't have high hopes for that ... :^(

My goal for this is to track the SAG Wagons in a cycle charity event, where I may not have a reliable WIFI connection. I wanted to use this program on a laptop screen, not on the small GPS screen.