Re: Anyone get APRSIS to work with Yaesu FT2DR?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

If you've got a serial connection to the radio, use a terminal emulator and see what is coming out of it.  With those same settings, you can then try an FTM-350-type port and see if APRSISCE/32 displays the received stations.

AFAIK, Yaesu doesn't support transmitting through their APRS radios unless they've changed something recently.

On 12/24/2015 1:34 PM, hansongregory917@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I'm trying, with no luck, to get this to work with a Yaesu FT2DR or a VX8DR. Any help would be appreciated. I can get the FT2DR to show waypoints on my Garmin Montana OK, so I know something is coming out of the FT2DR. The Garmin is using 4800 Baud. Tried setting APRSIS to 4800, still no luck.