Re: VIEW ALL becoming VIEW NONE

kc8sfq

Hi Lynn,
Minimized is probably the wrong word. I use full screen on the little WinBook 7" tablet. Before shut down I click the button in the middle between the - and the X IIRC that is necessary to keep settings across power cycles (wasn't sure of it's name). I leave the AUTOSAVE GPX toggled on all the time. If I find that I don't have tiles when on a road trip, I load and drive the latest GPX to "post fetch" them, when I get home and have internet again (no internet on the road for me). I had just succeeded in getting "G-MAP to GPX" all worked out and got my head around that, and it vaporized. I haven't had time to figure out any other map to GPX program, so I make do by panning and zooming before a trip. It's tedious, but it works. I leave the purger shut off, and I am getting a pretty good bunch of tiles for my most traveled areas. I don't have to have the LATEST tiles. When I checked today, Hastings was right where I left it last week.

Today I was out of my normal A.O. When I got home I tried to do a "post fetch. My track was still showing on the map, but I didn't find a GPX file with today's date/time stamp. The most recent was a week old, even though AUTOSAVE GPX has been on all week. When I checked after a restore and power cycle, AUTOSAVE GPX is still clicked "on", so it *is* keeping across power cycles. My first thought was that the VIEW ALL/NONE thing might be affecting the GPX saves.

Thanks Lynn, still loving your work. (as scary as it may seem, I'm even mentoring other Hams with the program)
73, KC8SFQ-9, Ron

.> Window size and position, and unfortunately the View settings, are only