Re: Does aprsisce support Socks proxy?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Sorry, but APRSISCE (and all of APRS-IS, in point of fact) requires a
direct socket connection. It is not a web connection.

And no, I do not currently support a Socks proxy and don't really have
any plans to. If there's enough demand, maybe, but you are the first
person to ask in the 1+years of having the client in the field.

May I ask who your phone provider is?

jg2rzf wrote:

Hi,
Is this software support Socks proxy?

My mobile phone provider support two Internet connection.
One is directly connected to the Internet but it doesn't support MMS,
and another is connected to Internet through Web proxy/Socks server but it supports MMS.

I try to use the second connection, but this software cannot connect APRS server. The first connection, it works.

Hopefully, I want to use this on the first connection.
Thanks.