From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 7:51 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Winbook TW700 and Kenwood D72

No, it has worked much better than I expected actually.  I do use an old VTECH cable from the kid's toys that has a choke built in to the USB cable, it is only about 12" long overall.  I have used the set up for both this program and for RMS Express on UHF @1200b.  It is a great set up to take to the field with as it is pocket sized.  The screen is a bit small but with the HDMI output and BT for the mouse and keyboard I have it is a winner by far.  I have a Venue8 and it only has the one micro USB which is a pain in the ...  The WinBook with the ports makes it a much better unit.  Try swapping out the cable you are using and it might get rid of the gremlins when the D72 transmits.

Carl,KB1EJH