Re: TNC-KPC-3+ Commands Question

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Those aren't KPC-3+ commands, they're the default commands provided for a KISS type port that take a Kenwood APRS radio into and out of KISS mode, provided that the radio is in Packet mode originally.

For the KPC-3, I recommend using a terminal emulator to put the TNC into KISS mode permanently and then use a Simply(KISS) type port in APRSISCE/32.  This port type doesn't do any open or close commands, but assumes that the TNC is, and will stay in, KISS mode.

As for the issues with the KPC-3+, please read:

http://blog.aprs.fi/2011/03/kantronics-kpc3-considered-harmful.html

The videos mentioned are linked from that page.

Eventually I hope to provide a KPC-3+ demanded "feature" that will periodically drop the TNC out of KISS mode and put it back into KISS.  This has been shown to clear up the delays that this TNC firmware version seems to introduce.

On 2/22/2015 9:19 PM, kk4lqx@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what the command are on the page title mentioned above. I have tried entering them manually and not all of them work, I also couldn't find them in the manuals. That being said when I let APRSIS32 run them everything appears to be working just fine, meaning it will transmit and receive packets. I'm using two Kantronics KAM one running firmware E8.2 and the other running E6.2. The E8.2 is for 1200 baud VHF and the E6.2 is for 300 baud HF, are these settings correct for both?

^M~ - ???
^M~ - ???
XFLOW ON!!0 - Software flow control on
FULLDUP OFF!!0 - data carrier detect