Re: M0XER-4 Approaching Yellowknife

robt.harris

When I go to that link, the map is not populated.

On 11/20/2014 5:43 PM, 'Steve' steve@... [aprsisce] wrote:

http://habitat.habhub.org/mobile-tracker/?filter=B-64 will give you its complete flight so far.

Habhub is the system spacenear.us gets its info from

Steve

G6UIM

Sent: 20 November 2014 22:29
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: M0XER-4 Approaching Yellowknife

Is there a good site to check on its current status? When I go here, http://spacenear.us/tracker/flyb.php, my browser basically seizes up (and I've got 16 GB RAM + i7 core CPU). Probably it's using some very heavy client-side Javascript to compute a long-term history of its entire flight path. Would be nice to have a link that basically loads only a few days' worth of data and perhaps the next projected several days, for speed. I could bookmark that, and see if I have a chance of hearing it. These have a tendency to veer too far off to the east for my QTH though.

73, KD0KZE / Paul

Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:52:12 PM
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Re: M0XER-4 Approaching Yellowknife

M0XER Leo grabs the APRS and puts it into the database, he also puts the archived data from when the balloon is out of range into the data base (transmitted in the comment field on aprs

Steve

G6UIM

Sent: 20 November 2014 20:31
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: M0XER-4 Approaching Yellowknife

Actually, they're the same object. Someone has a tool out there that picks up the APRS beacons from M0XER-4 and injects the posits into the HabHub database. I have a tool that picks up HabHab object posits and injects them into the APRS-IS with the HB- prefix. If you watch them both, M0XER-4 will move and then HB-B-64 will join it a few seconds later based primarily, I believe, on my tool's polling frequency to the habitat database.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/20/2014 3:21 PM, D Anderson dande25974@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Looks like a race between m0xer-4 and HB-B-64 too!

Daniel

--

Bob Harris (K9UDX)
Can MOTCH Katmai Henry David Thoreau UDX Bda UD (1992-2005)
Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)
Ch Silvercreek Gossip Girl
Bath, NH

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.