Re: receiving TCPIP station over RF

Rob Giuliano

A feature of the IGATE is to be bi-directional.

If you would like a quick review of this of how APRSIS32 handles this, I suggest looking at the wiki

From: "kd5pck@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 5:46 AM
Subject: [aprsisce] receiving TCPIP station over RF

First of all, I do not know all that I should about APRS and how to take advantage of it to its full extent. Time and life is getting in the way of learning more. With that said...

I run APRSISCE on a computer at work, KD5PCK-1. This morning, I received that station on my mobile rig on the way to work. I thought that if a station was only on the internet, that it would only be displayed on the internet and not over RF. It doesn't look like it was received by another station that sent it over RF.3

I looked up everything on aprs.fi and this is what I found. How is it that this beacon was injected into RF?

Thanks in advance for forgiving my ignorance.

Scott
KD5PCK

APRS station KD5PCK-1  - show graphs
Comment:kd5pck at gmail.com
Location:30°22.68' N 90°06.04' W - locator EM40WJ70WR - show map - static map
2.5 miles Northwest bearing 303° from Mandeville, Saint Tammany Parish, Louisiana, United States [?]
7.9 miles Southwest bearing 208° from Abita Springs, Saint Tammany Parish, Louisiana, United States
29.3 miles North bearing 357° from New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana, United States
63.0 miles East bearing 94° from Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, United States
Last position:2014-11-21 04:20:18 CST (13m30s ago)
2014-11-21 04:20:18 CST local time at Mandeville, United States [?]
Device:KJ4ERJ: APRSIS32 version 10 (software, Windows)
Last path:KD5PCK-1>APWW10 via TCPIP*,qAC,T2FEJER
Positions stored:35
Packet rate:3047 seconds between packets on average during 39608 seconds.