From: "ktjensen@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...>
Date:09/24/2014 06:56 (GMT-05:00)
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] APRS incoming message via APRSISCE

James - am glad you responded to at least narrow the question down.  maybe others can chime in.  I think as a new user I am looking at this wrong. It looks like the APRSMAIL.org system only allows registered and verified ham operators, to email other registered and verified ham operators, via the aprsmail.org system.

1) So you could send an APRS message to me, because we are both registered and verified.  Confirmed.

2)  And I get send an outgoing message to any email address. Confirmed.

3)  but.... there is no way for any random (say my cousin) to send an email to APRSmail.org and eventually to me over RF.  Correct?

only a registered-verified APRSmail.org user (who is a ham operator because they are verified) can send an email to me?  from an email source system? they use their personal code to do that.

and I can not send an email to myself, to verify that Aprsmail.org works.  The system rejects self emails.

overall goal is to have a way via APRS message to let a relative know I am doing fine, and no worries.  And for them to acknowledge back.  all over RF digital message. all without that relative being a ham radio operator.

APRS message seems to be the most prevalent communication pathway

N1KCG
Kevin