Re: Feature Request - Distance Measurement

Greg Depew

Center your map screen where you need it, then zoom out enough to see your station/resource, click on the station, then click on the call sign at the top and an info box will popup with the distance from center and distance from me.

Greg KB3KBR

From: James Ewen <ve6srv@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:48:51
To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Feature Request - Distance Measurement

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 6:30 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@arrl.net> wrote:

On 2/5/2014 6:42 AM, Greg Depew wrote:
Can't you also center the map at the area needing help and
click on the station/resource needed and it shows distance
from center and distance from me in the info box?
Yes, that works also. Great point!
Describe the process... I can't figure out what you are doing.
Clicking on a station does not provide distance from center. Maybe I
don't have an info box turned on.

All I can do is what I described previously, which is right-clicking,
selecting the lat/long, and set as destination. All that does is tells
you distance from your station to the destination.

The original request was to be able to select two arbitrary points,
and get the distance between the two.

"clicked on one location, then moved to a second, drawing a line as
you went and measuring the distance between the points."

--
James
VE6SRV