Re: Feature Request - Distance Measurement

Greg Depew

Can't you also center the map at the area needing help and click on the station/resource needed and it shows distance from center and distance from me in the info box?
Greg KB3KBR

From: "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 11:22:33
To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Feature Request - Distance Measurement

When I need to measure a distance, or better yet, find the closest resource to a point, here's what I do:

1) Center the map on the point of interest.

2) Zoom until resources show up in the circle.

3) Choose the one "closest" the center - Done.

Or if you want to know a distance, use the following procedure:

1) Center the map on one of the points.

2) Zoom until the other point of interest is as close to the circle as possible.

3) The scale in the lower left, just below the +/- zoom bar, is the radius of the circle in your distance units of measure.

4) For a more accurate distance, you can scale the window until the second point lies exactly on the circle instead of approximating a proportion of the scale vs the circle radius.

On 2/4/2014 8:19 PM, cclaytonbland@gmail.com <mailto:cclaytonbland@gmail.com> wrote:
I recall a feature in UI-View where you clicked on one location, then moved to a second, drawing a line as you went and measuring the distance between the points.

This would be useful in our bike events to determine who is closer to a location where help is needed.

Any chance of having something like this by April 4th?

Chuck - NA6BR