Re: GPS units

sbd sbd

Those wanting to try GPSD or even my NTP server can do, the IP address is 91.84.215.75 it’s a static address.

Obviously only for testing as GPSD will give my location, and you would be better of using a proper time server.

My NTP system is really to try and get a reasonable time on a non internet connected system, such as Field day.

If you are attaching a GPS to a pi you might as well do as much as possible with it.

As you can see PPS jitter is good GPS time data not so good. Obviously a bit of work to do. For comparison I am linked to a UK ntp pool hence the other info.

The GPS is not designed for time reference but does have a PPS output.

Lynn is you want to connect to GPSD for testing please do it should be running 24/7 APRSIS32 uses it just fine

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner