From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf
Of Greg Depew
Sent: 26 January 2014 01:00
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Help with Win 7 instalation

Have you unzipped the file to somewhere other than under program files? Win
7/8 doesn't like stuff installed under there. And if you try to run it from
the zip file it will not work correctly.

From: ssgeroh@...
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 00:56:14
To: <aprsisce@...>
Subject: [aprsisce] Help with Win 7 instalation

I installed aprisce on my Dell NetBook with Win 7 but when I try to run it,
the little screen where you put in your callsign, etc comes up. When I press
the button to run all it does is flash and freeze the screen. I have to use
ctrl-alt-delete to do anything else.

Any ideas?

Somebody told me to use ubungtu but with a little ADD and after having a
stroke I don't do well programing & stuff reguiring a lot of short-term
memory. Being a senior doesing help much either even tho i've done
electronics all my adult life. Oh yeah, add in tremors which cause me to add
extra letters.

So basically, i'm asking for a windows based solution. I was going to use my
Vista laptop which it runs great on in the car until the backlight went out.

73,
John N4SME

Yahoo Groups Links