Re: Kenwood TS 2000 and aprs

T W

I used my TS2K on aprs for quite some time. I used APRSIS, and I found a config file on the APRSIS Yahoo group. Then I bought a D710 so that I could do more fun stuff with the TS2K.

On Nov 28, 2013, at 11:02 AM, flatswx@... wrote:

 Adam,

    I understand part of what your saying but not all. I don't know what the kiss protocol is? Is there an easier way than opening command prompts on the pc? I have ham radio deluxe software perhaps that can be used? Or arcs aprs here....http://www.qsl.net/wb5kia/arcs/arcslite.htm

Pretty steep learning curve here

Chris

---In aprsisce@..., wrote:

Sorry for the delay in this, life interrupts as always.

This is the current RF Port for the TS2000 running a UHF IGate on my TS2000 sub band KC2ANT-4

KISS
COM4:57600,N,8,1
9600
^M~
^M~
XFLOW OFF
FULLDUP ON
KISS ON
RESTART!!0
^192^255^192~!!0
^C^C^C~!!0
<CloseCmd>TC 1!TS 1
TN 2,0!TN 2,0
30
1
1
0
1
1
0
<NoGateME>0
<BeaconingEnabled>1
1
0
RFONLY
1
<TelemetryEnabled>0
< !--RFPort[0]-->

TS 2000 Menu items
Menu 46 Main/SUb Band: built in TNC - > SUb
Menu 47 Data Transfer Rate; Built in TNC -> 9600bps                <=== You'll want to change that to 1200 for 2M APRS
Menu 48 DCD Sense -> TNC Band
Menu 55 Packet Operation -> On
Menu 56 Com Connector Parameters ->57600bps

From there APRSIS32 does everything through the built in TNC on the TS2000, including a WIDE1-1 Digi

Adam
KC2ANT

To: aprsisce@...
From: kc2ant@...
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:24:52 -0500
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Kenwood TS 2000 and aprs

Yes you can. I use the sub band on mine as a fully functioning igate

KISS TNC settings should get you going. I'll try to get my port settings posted when I'm in front of the radio again.

Adam
KC2ANT