Re: KPC-3 with aprsisce problem locking into kiss mode

Adam Mahnke

Someone else (Jeremy can't remember the call sign) used this for the port config with a 9612.

KISS
COM4:9600,N,8,1
1200
^M~
^M~
XFLOW ON!!0
FULLDUP OFF!!0
INT KISS!!0

^192^255^192~!!0
^C^C^C~!!0
TC 1!TS 1
TN 2,0!TN 2,0
0
1

0
1
1
0
1

0
0

1

<TelemetryEnabled>0

<!--DigiXform-->

I know that I managed to lock my 9612 into KISS but I don't remember how I did it.

Adam
KC2ANT

PS Yes I know the KPC3+ is a different model, but I've found a lot of the commands to be the same/similar for programming.

To: aprsisce@...
From: kj4erj@...
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:00:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] KPC-3 with aprsisce problem locking into kiss mode

Put a new battery in your KPC-3.  It sounds like it is resetting to factory defaults every time you power it down.

Try setting some other setting (like MYCALL), turn it off, wait a bit, turn it on and see if you MYCALL has also disappeared.

On 10/30/2013 9:26 AM, va3nsc@... wrote:
Heres the prob folks, I have a KPC-3 I am trying to set up to work with aprsisce. For some reason it wont stay locked into kiss mode. I have used pacterm to put it into kiss mode as follows..cmd intface it comes up as newuser so I cmd intface kiss then enter,it shows in kiss mode so I cmd reset.  Fire up aprsisce and the tnc works fine,but if I turn the tnc off and back on again,refire the program it will not connect. I check pacterm again and intface is in terminal mode..any ideas on how to keep it locked into kiss mode? Dave