KPC-3 with aprsisce problem locking into kiss mode

Dave VA3NSC

Heres the prob folks, I have a KPC-3 I am trying to set up to work with aprsisce. For some reason it wont stay locked into kiss mode. I have used pacterm to put it into kiss mode as follows..cmd intface it comes up as newuser so I cmd intface kiss then enter,it shows in kiss mode so I cmd reset.  Fire up aprsisce and the tnc works fine,but if I turn the tnc off and back on again,refire the program it will not connect. I check pacterm again and intface is in terminal mode..any ideas on how to keep it locked into kiss mode? Dave