And the Control-G doesn't extend your APRS-IS filter, but further filters the feed into the Filter Test trace log. If the balloon is outside your range and isn't forced by any other filter term, then you won't get the packets and won't see the packets.

Because HABs can be pretty far away, you might want to add e/KB3KBR-5 to -15's Configure / General / Add Filter to ensure that you get all packets gated by -5 from the APRS-IS. This will pass the packets (but only those first gated by -5) to you regardless of whether or not they match any of your other filters.

You know, remote access to the machine on which -5 is running is still a whole lot more reliable for seeing all of the paths for packets received by that instance!

On 10/17/2013 3:40 PM, Greg Depew wrote:
Ok. I will do that! Now all I need is another balloon! I wonder if I do a control-g and enter a e/(balloon callsign) if that will show every path line as well?

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:34:10
To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Path lines

Another interesting feature of the APRS-IS is that not all connected
clients will see the same packet if it is gated from multiple points
near simultaneously. This is due to the distributed nature of the
APRS-IS dupe filter and the way packets are propagated through the
network. So, even if aprs.fi showed a few packets gated by -5, that
doesn't mean that -15 would have seen the same gate information on the
same packet. This is especially true of HABs as they are concurrently
hitting numerous IGates with every single packet. About the only time
you see a digipeated HAB packet on the APRS-IS is when the packet lives
long enough to be delivered 30 seconds later than the first copy of the
packet. This is exacerbated by KPC-3+ IGates running in KISS mode.

If you have a chance to do this again, do a Control-G on -15 and enter a
filter of e/KB3KBR-5. The resulting filter test window will show all
packets that end with qAR,KB3KBR-5 delivered via the APRS-IS each of
which should be reflected in the APRSISCE/32 path display provided
you've got those settings all done correctly.

On 10/17/2013 3:25 PM, Greg Depew wrote:
No -5 is a separate igate about 10 mi away from 1 and 15 running XP. 1 and 15 are on the same computer running win7. 13 is on my win8 machine. 1, 15, and 13 all connect to the same agw on the win7 machine. 5 was receiving directly and was first a couple of times to get it to the IS as per APRS.FI. 1,15 and 13 only heard it direct a few times and only 13 gated it. And the paths of both the balloon and 5 did not show between the two.
Hope that clears things abit.
Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

From: Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:53:40
To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>

If I read what you are saying correctly, you are looking at a TCP/IP feed for RF path lines?
-1 RF radio
-13 RF radio - same physical radio
-15 server - no RF, but full feed
"... I was trying to look at the lines on my full feed -15 neither ..."
Or are you trying to see "Tracks" from station movements?
My instance is configured to draw a line connecting the TX station with my station through DIGI's - indicating the "PATH" the packet took. I have not seen such LINES on an IS only feed.
MENU >Screen >PATH >RFONLY
This seems to take precedence and turns OFF any other option
[like MENU >Screen >PATH >Netwrok(LINKS)]
Any instance I have running (including Multitracks) will show TRACKS that are lines connecting multiple points received.
I assume you are using the same terminology, but I would check the note about precedence of RFONLY. That could be set???