From: "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:39:11
To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Path lines

Ah, NOW I think I get what was going on.  Let's see if I have this right:

-5 was receiving the balloon directly via RF and gating to the APRS-IS

-15 was also receiving the balloon on the same radio (thanks to AGW),
but was also receiving an APRS-IS feed

-15 didn't show any paths between the balloon and -5.  This is to be
expected as -15 only knows what -5 is receiving via the APRS-IS.  And if
-5 wasn't the first station to gate any of the packets, then no paths
would show.

If you want -15 to show RF paths for -5 without the APRS-IS dupe filter
messing you up, then you need to set up a Local Server port on -5 and
connect to it from -15.  That way -15 will see everything that -5 sees
from RF with the appropriate ,qAR construct because the Local Server
function in APRSISCE/32 doesn't do any dupe filtering.

Since -15 is connected to the same radio as -5, it'd be far easier just
to look at the paths from the balloon to the local -15 since they'll
reflect the same paths as seen by -5 on its own local screen.

This is yet another instance where you cannot use the APRS-IS to
evaluate what's happening in the RF world.

On 10/17/2013 2:32 PM, Greg Depew wrote:
-1 and 15 are on the same computer, and all 3 share the same radio. I'm in an rf hole so I can't really hear anything. The path lines in question are from looking at -15 mutitracking -5 which at this time is a rx only igate at my dads. I confirmed by ?dx and ?aprsh that it was indeed hearing the balloon. -15 was not showing the path lines between -5 and the balloon.
Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry