Re: Path lines

Greg Depew

-1 and 15 are on the same computer, and all 3 share the same radio. I'm in an rf hole so I can't really hear anything. The path lines in question are from looking at -15 mutitracking -5 which at this time is a rx only igate at my dads. I confirmed by ?dx and ?aprsh that it was indeed hearing the balloon. -15 was not showing the path lines between -5 and the balloon.
Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:53:40
To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Path lines

If I read what you are saying correctly, you are looking at a TCP/IP feed for RF path lines?

-1   RF radio
-13  RF radio - same physical radio
-15  server - no RF, but full feed
          "... I was trying to look at the lines on my full feed -15 neither ..."
   Or are you trying to see "Tracks" from station movements?

My instance is configured to draw a line connecting the TX station with my station through DIGI's - indicating the "PATH" the packet took.  I have not seen such LINES on an IS only feed.
   MENU >Screen >PATH >RFONLY
     This seems to take precedence and turns OFF any other option
       [like MENU >Screen >PATH >Netwrok(LINKS)]

Any instance I have running (including Multitracks) will show TRACKS that are lines connecting multiple points received.

I assume you are using the same terminology, but I would check the note about precedence of RFONLY.  That could be set???

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

---------------------------------------------

To: "aprsisce@yahoogroups.com" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:45 PM
Subject: Fw: [aprsisce] Path lines

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: goatherder_4891@hotmail.comDate: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:43:18 To: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)<kj4erj@arrl.net>Reply-To: goatherder_4891@hotmail.comSubject: Re: [aprsisce] Path linesI have only one radio at my current residence and run my home station -1 that is my digi and qru server, and I also run -15 on the same machine which is my world feed. -13 is on a different computer and is networked to the same radio.&nbsp; I was trying to look at the lines on my full feed -15 neither one was showing up on a multitrack of -5 or the balloon.
I did remote login on teamviewer to -5 and it did show the balloon as being heard. Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry-----Original Message-----From: "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@arrl.net>Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:23:18 To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Path linesWhy do you have three IGates running against (I suspect) a single agw instance?&nbsp; That's got to muddy the waters, especially since you didn't say which station you're trying to look a the paths on.Is what I see from here.&nbsp; What Times option do you have selected? The shot above is with Times of Long or 30 minutes.Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32On
10/16/2013 6:59 PM, Greg Depew wrote:> Lynn and group, I have a question about path lines. Right now the balloon ATHER4-1 is up and is being copied directly by my rx only igate KB3KBR-5, but both the path lines in my full feed -15 do not show in either the multi tracks of the balloon or my igate nor in the main window. I have the times set to all and everything but rf only checked. Am I missing something? Thanks.> Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry>>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>------------------------------------Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:&nbsp; &nbsp; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aprsisce/<*> Your email settings:&nbsp; &nbsp; Individual Email |
Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:&nbsp; &nbsp; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aprsisce/join ; &nbsp; (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:&nbsp; &nbsp; aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com &nbsp; &nbsp; aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:&nbsp; &nbsp; aprsisce-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:&nbsp; &nbsp; http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.