From: "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 19:24:11
To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: xml file

(Oops: Step 6 should have said the Mapquest aerial view, not the original OSM set)

You have the Original tile set in:

<Path>//GRROUCH-2/Test14/APRSIS32/</Path>

You have the Mapquest tile set in:

<Path>//GRROUCH-2/Test14/APRSIS32/</Path>

These need to be unique directories!  As it says at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tile-sets

Note: When you click Accept, APRSISCE/32 will ask you to locate a directory in which to store the tiles. This must be a new, empty directory for this tile set! If you put multiple tile sets into a single directory, you'll get a mish-mash of both tile sets!

(Ok, so it didn't say this until a moment ago, but it SHOULD have said that and I really, really thought it already did!  Sorry about the confusion.)

Here's a recovery procedure:

1) Close APRSIS32 - We're going to do some wool-pulling and don't want it to watch.

2) In the APRSIS32 directory shown above, create two new sub-directories, one called Original and one called Mapquest.

3) Edit your APRSIS32.XML file with a plain text editor like Notepad and locate the two <Path> entries.  One should be within a <TileServer Name="Original"> and the other is within <TileServer Name="Mapquest">.  Add Original/ to the tail of the first path and Mapquest/ to the tail of the second path.

4) Start APRSIS32, the problem won't be fixed yet, so don't worry.

5) Select Configure / Maps / Tile Set / Original, make no changes, but click Accept.  The map should change to the OSM original tile set and new tiles will be fetched showing the expanding yellow circle.

6) Select Configure / Maps / Tile Set / Mapquest, make no changes, but click Accept.  The map should change to the Mapquest aerial tile set and new tiles will be fetched showing the expanding yellow circle.  This time you should see the aerial view of your location.

7) Delete the numbered directories in the APRSIS32 directory only.  These are no longer being used and they contain mixed tiles from the two sets.  The Original and Mapquest sub-directories have the new segregated tiles.

PS.  The reason for the extra steps is to ensure that APRSISCE/32 uses the new directories.  There's another <OSM.Path> xml element that reflects the currently selected tile set that gets (re)set when you clicked Accpet in steps 5 and 6 above.