identifying and filtering DX stations

MARINO MELONI

In the past, I use to receive randomly some packets from long distance stations. These stations usually were in the direction of my antenna, and I receive them probably due to a meteo scatter, or similar activities.

Now I see in my log, that I receive packets from some stations that seems to be in the HP band, (while I'm in the VHF) so I suspect someone may be repeating and gating these stations in VHF, and APRSIS32 assume they are Direct RF and display these stations on my DX list.

Am I misssing something in the configuration or do I really receive these stations on VFH?

And if they are cross-gated by someone, do we have a way to only report directly listened DX station?

My igate is IW2EJH-3

Thanks