Re: Sending ?VER or ?APRSH etc and no reply.

Greg Depew

Is messages checked in your port config? KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
From: jandgandjochem
Sent: 4/14/2013 11:23:05 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: [aprsisce] Sending ?VER or ?APRSH etc and no reply.

I was visiting a friend of mine yesterday and he also runs APRSIS32.

We noticed that when sending a message to his callsign-1 (his APRSIS32 call sign) like ?VER or ?APRSH or any of the others that there was no reply from his setup.

Doing the same and sending the message (or should I say request) to my APRSIS32 gives the expected reply.

Question: Why is his setup not responding to ?VER etc.

We both run the same development version being the latest as verified by clicking "about".

All help appreciated,

Gerard
VK2JNG