Re: Maps

Lynn Deffenbaugh

James Jolin wrote:
Lynn,
I tried both of your suggestions and none of them worked. I downloaded aprsis32 into an empty directory " of my choosing" double clicked the exe file, got a whole bunch of stations, but no map. This morning I tried again and now I don't get any stations at all and , also, no maps. You need more info?
Jim WA9ARB
Yeah, I do..... Can you:

1) Bring up the client
2) Turn on Enables / Debug Logging
3) Close the client
4) Bring up the client
5) Wait for a while, then do a screen capture (if you know how) or at least note what it says in the APRS Status window (Top center (View/Map/Wide) or 2'nd down on the left (View/Map/Narrow))
6) Close the client

E-mail me the APRSIS32.LOG and APRIS32.XML files in the directory in which the .EXE resides. Hopefully there'll be enough diagnostics in there for me to figure out what's happening to you. If not, I may provide a new .EXE with additional connection-level diagnostics to help figure out what's going on.

Oh, and what Windows version are you running? What processor? What Internet connection (dial-up or high speed)? Any firewalls or non-standard network configuration between you and the Internet?

E-mail this information directly to KJ4ERJ@arrl.net, if you please.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ