Re: OSM Maps I cry UNCLE

Keith VE7GDH

Ron KC8SFQ wrote...

Win 7 for the internet and XP for off line. No idea how
to map? a flash drive (not familiar with that term either.)
It doesn't matter with XP, but where do you have it "installed"
on the Windows 7 machine? Somewhere other than below
Program Files, I hope? The operating system doesn't like
anything writing to folders below there. This is just one
possible source of problems, but an easy one to deal with
if that's what you are running into.

However, going back to your earlier message, I take it
that you have aprsis32 on a flash drive, download the maps
with it connected to the Windows 7 machine and then take
it over to the XP machine.

I have tried the "save" that is presented. I have clicked the
little button that says create new blank file. What ever I do,
when I close and take the flash drive on which I am running
APRSIS32 and insert it into the Internet-less computer and
start APRSIS32, it comes up with the "ORIGINAL" tile set
even though the window under configure/ maps says "midnight
Command" complete with Name, URL and everything. When
I take the flash drive back to the Internet enabled machine
and try to open that APRSIS32 instance again, I get a "DONK"
and a window that says APRSIS32 is not a valid
Win32 program.
OK... so you don't have the program below Program Files.
However, does the flash drive have a different drive letter
on each machine? Does aprsis32 use relative or absolute paths
for anything that it saves?

If you need to change the drive letter on the XP machine,
right-click on My Computer and select MANAGE and
then on STORAGE and DISK MANAGEMENT. Right-click
on the drive letter that you want to change and click on
CHANGE DRIVE LETTER and then (finally!) on CHANGE.
Perhaps having the drive letter the same on both computers
will help the situation.

I'm sure it will be "similar but different" to change it on
the Windows 7 machine!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
www.ui-view.org