Re: IS- RF Gating

Greg Depew

Sorry for the late reply was at work all day. see below.

To: aprsisce@...
From: kj4erj@...
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 23:57:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] IS- RF Gating

What radio is showing your path? I suspect it is showing the unwrapped
third-party packet.
I am using the vx8g and  ftm 350, they both say digi(F) TCPIP digi(L) KB3KBR-1*.
If you check your RF logs in the IGate, do you hear digipeats coming
back of the 3rd party packet?

I dont see any digipeats back in either the scroller or both radios. The whole reason i found out about this was that I had both the ftm 350 and the phone tracking me out of rf range of the gate but not my digi. I was getting my objects and beacons from -1 thru the digi -2, and my -9  beacons  as well but no phone beacons until I got into range of the Igate.

If not, do you even hear digipeats back of your own beacon?
Yes. I hear the digis of my beacons and objects just not my gated to rf stations.
What do your radios show of the IGate's beacon as compared to the -IS
to RF gated 3rd party packet?