From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
Sent: 30 Oct 2012 12:04:04 GMT
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Beaconing the ISS

Profile switching is not near the top of my list.

If you want substantially different behaviors out of APRSISCE/32 (to
work the ISS, for instance), then make a new directory, copy the .EXE
(or set up a shortcut), and configure the new instance. It's not that
hard, especially in comparison to the complexity (and confusion) that I
foresee in the profile switching (like what settings are shared and
which are changed).

On 10/30/2012 12:41 AM, Greg Dolkas wrote:

Hi Lynn,

This was a good reminder... I occasionally flip my radio to the ISS
frequency, but without changing all the bazillion options to properly
operate through Satellites. I believe you have a profile switch of
sorts on your to-do list, right? Before I invest time and space (no
pun intended) in cloning my APRSIS/32 instance (per the instructions
on the Wiki), how close to the top of your queue is the enhancement
for a Terrestrial / Space (or whatever profiles) configuration option?

Thanks,

Greg KO6TH

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Steve Daniels
<steve@...
<mailto:steve@...>> wrote:

You could start by following this WIKI entry it probably answers
most of your questions, I will edit out the FAST references as
those sats no longer function that I am aware of

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:satelliteops

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

TorbayFreecycle Moderator