Beaconing the ISS

kc2nyu <eckerpw@...>

Got interested in ISS the past few days and decided to see if I could "Beacon" the ISS or have my signal received and digipeated. I am using a roof top dual band vertical at about 35ft, an FT 7800 dual band radio, Argent T2 and APRSIS Dev ver last updated 10/6/2012. A few minutes before the start of ISS pass at my QTH, tuned radio to the ISS packet freq and 145.825. Then got about 8 min of packet bursts and received a number of stations from the ISS Digi which were Igated at my station. Scanning the messages log, it appears my msg was ACk, but not sure.

My question is - can I and if so, what steps do I take within APRSIS to beacon or send my call, position etc to the ISS??

Tnx and 73 Paul kc2nyu