Re: Tracking Ships

Greg Depew

I also connect to the same port. Everything I've seen has been on lake Erie with my range set to 100 mi. I think a ve3 station is pushing them KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Hillhouse
Sent: 10/3/2012 7:59:16 PM
To: 'Greg Depew '
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Tracking Ships
I normally connect to Firenet.us:14580 and have never seen AIS data (at least on the right coast). Is there a specific filter? I have an area filter asking for everything within a box which includes a good portion of water. Could it be that there are no stations in the area feeding data to the Firenet.us server?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH