Re: Tracking Ships

Greg Depew

I also connect to the same port. Everything I've seen has been on lake Erie with my range set to 100 mi. I think a ve3 station is pushing them KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10/3/2012 7:59:16 PM
To: 'Greg Depew '
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Tracking Ships
I normally connect to Firenet.us:14580 and have never seen AIS data (at least on the right coast). Is there a specific filter? I have an area filter asking for everything within a box which includes a good portion of water. Could it be that there are no stations in the area feeding data to the Firenet.us server?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 15:19
To: aprsisce@... ; fmhillhouse@...

There is one way but its currently down. If you use firenet.us you will see them. KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10/3/2012 7:12:56 PM
To: aprsisce@...

Not currently.

Have you put up an AIS receiver yet? If not, you should if for no other reason than to receive live data and be able to receiver data from those servers you share data with.

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf Of kc2nyu
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 15:06
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: [aprsisce] Tracking Ships

I live near the Atlantic coast and the entrance to a major shipping port. When I look at APRS FI, I see ocean going ships entering and leaving port as well as going up and down the coast. I guess what I am seeing in APRS FI is the ships AIS ( Auto Identification System). Is there any way to see these in APRSIS 32??

73 Paul
kc2nyu

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.