Re: Configure>Companion

Greg Depew

Sounds like a good description for the wiki! KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
Sent: 9/25/2012 1:35:11 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Configure>Companion

Companion calls will also have all messages received AND ACK'd! It is
just as if the companion was running a parallel instance sharing your
GPS, but with their own set of GeniusBeaconing parameters as well as
symbol and comment.

You control whether the Companion goes out via IS, RF, or both (with
different RF path for the companion).

You can enable or disable position beaconing, transmit the companion as
an Object (default is a station), and enable the Message reception and
acking.

There's been numerous requests for a) Objects that move with your
station and b) Additional callsigns that can do messaging when doing a
team-effort SOTA/WOTA-type activation. Companions should deliver on
these requests.