Re: Interpretation of the track lines

Greg Depew

Ok so what is the long story on aqua? I managed to make one appear by jumping through my save positions in my vx8g mostly jumping from Pennsylvania to the Bahamas and back. KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
Sent: 8/21/2012 12:58:06 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Interpretation of the track lines

See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/scroller which says:

Background Color

"Invalid" - See details in the upcoming "Invalids" trace log
Purple - Duplicate packet
Pink - Too Quick packet (sub second)
Red - Too Fast packet (>20,000mph or double rolling average)
Aqua - "Restart" packet (long story, under development)
Gray - Unknown Invalid (should never be seen)
Yellow - Other APRSISCE/32 users have a yellow background unless something else overrides the color (like buddy).

The same colors are used to on the Track points to indicate that a position packet at that point was ignored for the indicated reason.ᅵ Typically this is caused by delayed packet delivery to the APRS-IS beyond the (30 second, typically) dupe detect window which would resulting in a ping-ponging path.ᅵ APRSISCE/32 attempts to avoid this by recording the point, colorizing the box, but not including it in the drawn path (unless, of course, it happens to be the same coordinate as a point that was considered valid earlier).

Can you recommend a Wiki page on which this track presentation colorization can be made more clear?

On 8/20/2012 11:16 AM, Bob Harris wrote:
I have tried to find the answer on the wiki pages. Honest, I did. But I have failed miserably.

When looking at a track (at the moment, that of N1UVI), there is an occasional (purple?) box on the track but from the shape of the track, there are more packets with position information being received. If I select "Mulittrack" for that station, the track in the new window is populated with black boxes that correspond to the additional position reports. The purple(?) boxes on the path from the main window also appear on the track in the Multitrack window. In that window, it appears to be overlaid with a black box (or maybe it is the other way round).

What is the significance of the different colored box?

(I put purple in quotation marks because I am not sure of the color. My display is not calibrated and I am partially color blind.)
--

Bob Harris (K9UDX)
Bath, NHpurple