Re: New poll for aprsisce

Greg Depew

I have a very bad antenna on my igate. I can get to my digital but my Igate can't hear very well. KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 8/2/2012 7:35:13 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] New poll for aprsisce

I think I missed something?

You have        ##    set to zero for VX8s and D72s?

How long do they show up - 50 milliseconds or more likely ZERO milliseconds?
This only tracks "the furthest RF station heard directly", so if your station hears a station farther away, it will never consider the VX8 or D72 "DX".

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

---------------------------------------------
To: "aprsisce@... " ; "kc2ant@... "
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:18 PM

I have mine set at zero so that if I see a vx8 or d72 direct in my area he is very close and could talk simplex with him easily. KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

Sent: 8/2/2012 2:35:37 PM

Doesn't that also require the person setting it up to keep the true DX in mind. It could be set to trigger at a mile. Not that I would, but someone might.

I almost always think worst case

Adam
KC2ANT

Sent: 2 Aug 2012 14:28:47 GMT

I almost put that in as an option (time limited), but we're talking DX here.  If you've got the Configure / DX limits set reasonably so that "normal" receptions don't trigger things, then I think it's really important to know that the DX receptions are still happening, (almost) regardless of how quickly the packets are being received.

I'll agree that every 30 seconds is extreme, but also very unlikely for a true DX.   If I copy the same station again at the same distance, I'd think the DX displays should be updated to reflect the most recently received time.  (Revealing my vote here, so I might as well go put it in the poll).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 8/2/2012 9:44 AM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
I'm voting Maybe.

I'd say this needs a timeout option. if someone is transmitting every 30 seconds (abusive) 10 Minutes (realistic) but not moving, then I don't think it needs to show up. Maybe only once every 30 mins, 60 mins, or 90 Mins??

Adam
KC2ANT

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 13:37:48 +0000
Subject: [aprsisce] New poll for aprsisce

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the
aprsisce group:

If a new packet is directly received from the current DX station at the same distance, should an updated DX cluster packet be transmitted? Remember, the timestamp is in the DX notification and the "opening" is still current.

o Yes
o No
o Maybe - explanation e-mail sent to group
o Huh?

To vote, please visit the following web page:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aprsisce/surveys?id=2430811

Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll votes are
not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo! Groups
web site listed above.

Thanks!

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.