GPX logging

g4ilo

I am expecting delivery of an HTC Touch Pro so hopefully will be trying out APRSISCE real soon.

One question I have: is it possible for two applications to access the GPS at the same time? Reason I ask is that the street mapping of my home town in OpenStreetMap is somewhat lacking, and so I'd like to use my position reports to create a GPX file that I can then use to update the maps. I've been told by people on aprs.fi that the APRS network is not intended to be used for this, so I would need to log the reports locally, and I presume that APRSISCE won't do this by itself?

Julian, G4ILO