From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf
Of kc2nyu
Sent: 21 May 2012 16:16
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: [aprsisce] *INT* Packet timing?

Hopefully this is a relatively easy one to answer.
- My base station is an FT-7800 with roof top vertical, T2 and Win 7 64 bit
PC. I use an SSID of KC2NYU-1 for this station. This station is serving as a
Digi Fill and at the moment the only iGate in the Savannah, GA area. Under
Configure - Genius - Beacon Settings, I have min set at 20 and Max at 30.

Here is the question:
- when kc2nyu-1 packets appear on the scroller they sometimes do in pairs of
*Int* and RF and at other times just *Int*. The RF packets appear about
every 30 min but the *Int* packets are more often, sometimes as often as
every 2 minutes but at irregular intervals.
- Do I want kc2nyu-1, the same SSID "going out" in both *Int* and RF??
- How do I does one set or control how often packets are sent via *Int* ??
It seems that are appearing too frequently now.

73 Paul
kc2nyu