Re: Do I need AGW PE ?

kc2nyu <eckerpw@...>

Lynn - thank you. That did the trick. Running fine sans AWG PE.

73 Paul kc2nyu

--- In aprsisce@..., "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

You are correct in your suspicions. APRSISCE/32 can talk directly to
the T2 if you put it into KISS mode. Just create a Simply(KISS) port in
APRSISCE/32 and configure the proper serial port and baud rate settings
and you should be up and running.

Just make sure you close AGW PE first, or APRSISCE/32 won't be able to
open the port.

On 5/17/2012 7:51 PM, kc2nyu wrote:
I searched archives and wiki with no results, probably because I didn't phrase question correct.

- I am currently running APRSIS - dev version on a Win 7 64 bit PC, with my Yaesu FT-7800 with an Argent T2. I also run AGW PE, and my question is do I really need that program ??

-I used it with AGW Tracker, and not sure if I just assumed that I needed it with APRSIS or used it because it was mentioned in Julian's Port setup video.

--- Seems like I read somewhere if the TNC is in KISS mode, I don't need AGW PE.

Tnx and 73
Paul
KC2NYU